Monday, February 24, 2014

Historical Investigation, Day 5 - Class Recap

Independence Hall, in Philadelphia. This is where the US Constitution was debated and signed! Photo taken in 2011.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for another day of hard work! Hopefully, you are feeling confident at having a product to bring next class for some peer review. This means you should really try to have a rough draft of everything, ready to go! Here's what happened in class today:

Learning Targets Addressed:
SS.HS.RE.ALT.04: I can use evidence from my research to effectively address the research topic.
SS.HS.CO.ALT.01: I can organize ideas in a logically sequenced manner and in a way that is appropriate to the content area.
SS.HS.CR.ALT.04: I can evaluate information and explanations within a given context and develop a relevant conclusion.
SS.HS.RE.ALT.02: I can access relevant information from multiple and varied sources.
SS.HS.CR.ALT.05: I can justify and support arguments or interpretation with appropriate evidence.

Soundtrack: “Two Days in February” by Goo Goo Dolls. Selected because there are now two days (in February) left of class before your historical investigation is due! Lyrics here.

AGENDA 2/24/14:
News Brief
Parts D and E
Computer Lab S220

Homework: Historical Investigation due this Friday! Bring everything, printed, for peer review next class. Read the blog!

News Brief: Tara selected this article to talk about today: NBCNews.com - Pentagon Set to Slash Military to Pre-World War II Levels. I forgot to assign the next news brief, which would be Andrew B, but I will just see if I can talk to anyone from class tomorrow or before the day to do it - unless I have any volunteers? :-)

Parts D and E: The last two sections to go over for the historical investigation! Here are two documents that might help with explaining how to do this:




Basically, Part D is your own thoughts about how the evidence you summarized and presented in Part B helps answer your research question. This should be one page or more. Part E is the conclusion to the paper, which should be a paragraph, including a thesis statement.

Computer Lab: For the rest of class, we went to the computer lab again and worked. This is the last time we will do this as a class for this project. I was more than happy to write passes to the library or computer lab for your study hall. I also would love to provide assistance or support through comments on the blog, emails, or before or after school! Please let me know how I can help you be successful on this!

Come next class with everything you have, printed and ready to be looked at for a peer review, please. This is an important step in the process. Thanks! See you next class!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please enter your comment. I will review the comments before posting them to the blog, so do not worry if yours does not pop up right away. Remember, do your best with spelling and grammar! :-)