Thursday, February 20, 2014

Historical Investigation, Day 4 - Class Recap

The Statue of Liberty and Lower Manhattan, New York City. Photo taken in 2011.

Hi everyone,

Another "short" week done! I don't know about you, but it seems like we have packed quite a lot into the two weeks I have been your teacher. Next class, please come with Parts A, B, C, and F of the Historical Investigation done, so we can work on Parts D and E in class. On to the recap:

Learning Targets Addressed:
SS.HS.RE.ALT.04: I can use evidence from my research to effectively address the research topic.
SS.HS.CO.ALT.01: I can organize ideas in a logically sequenced manner and in a way that is appropriate to the content area.
SS.HS.CR.ALT.04: I can evaluate information and explanations within a given context and develop a relevant conclusion.
SS.HS.RE.ALT.02: I can access relevant information from multiple and varied sources.
SS.HS.CR.ALT.05: I can justify and support arguments or interpretation with appropriate evidence.

Soundtrack: “Just Dance” by Lady Gaga & Colby O’Donis. Selected because of the MORP assembly today! Lyrics here.

AGENDA 2/20/14:
News Brief
HI Targets/Rubrics
Computer Lab N210

Homework: Historical Investigation due next Friday! Bring Parts A, B, C, and F next class! Read the blog! Next news brief: Tara.

News Brief: Lauren had the news brief today and chose this article: CNN.com - Sources: Airlines warned to beware of possible shoe bombs. I talked about these sorts of threats and what it might do to our society to constantly be on alert about them. Thanks, Lauren!

HI Targets/Rubrics: After the news brief, I went over the learning targets for the historical investigation again, and explained how you could best get a score of Highly Proficient/4 on them. Here they are again - I will pass out a sheet with them next class. The formatting is off online - the copy in class will be better.


Each element of the historical investigation contributes to one or more of the learning targets, so please be sure you know how you are addressing them!

Computer Lab N210: For the rest of class, we went to the computer lab to continue working on the historical investigation. I checked in with everyone about how it was going and I wanted to be sure that students were on track to finish Parts A, B, C, and F for next week. Please let me know if you need help! Work hard this weekend, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please enter your comment. I will review the comments before posting them to the blog, so do not worry if yours does not pop up right away. Remember, do your best with spelling and grammar! :-)