Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Finals Day - Class Recap

Go forth into the next school year, wonderful students. Picture taken in New Zealand, February 2014.

Dear class,

Today was our last class together! I am so glad that I do not have to say goodbye for too long, since I will be at Westview next year to see you in the halls and say hello, if you aren't in one of my classes. I had so much fun teaching you all, and I hope that you learned a lot about American History, as well!

Learning Targets:
SS.HS.KN.ALT.17: I can explain the process of change and continuity in a society, place or region.
SS.HS.KN.ALT.23: I can describe the influences, impacts and resolutions of historical conflicts.

Soundtrack: “Thankful" by Kelly Clarkson. Just like "Changes" by 2Pac at the start of my time with you, I always use this song as the soundtrack at the end of teaching classes. The lyrics read (in part):

I'm thankful
for the blessings
and the lessons that I've learned with you
by my side
I'm thankful, so thankful, for the love
that you keep bringing in my life
in my life

I truly am so grateful to get to teach such wonderful young people. Thank you for all of your efforts this semester!

AGENDA 6/10/14:
News Brief
Final Test
Study Time

Homework: Have a wonderful summer! See you next year!

News Brief: Abbey brought in the last news brief of the semester and it was yet another tragic shooting, this time close to home (it was a developing situation in class): KGW.com - Police: Shooter at Reynolds High School is dead. I hope that the news brief throughout the semester inspired everyone to follow what is currently going on in the United States and the world! It is so important to remain engaged as a citizen. Thank you, everyone, for participating in this!

Final Test: As promised, 50 multiple choice questions and a short essay response about your reflections on how class went this year. I will grade these and have the final grades for the semester posted as soon as I can.

Study Time: The rest of time in class was for study, since I know everyone has plenty of other finals to study for. Thank you for your focus here, while some students were finishing up their tests!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please enter your comment. I will review the comments before posting them to the blog, so do not worry if yours does not pop up right away. Remember, do your best with spelling and grammar! :-)